[MITgcm-support] Killed

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 7 22:32:10 EST 2007

Your setup seems to be getting fairly large.
I reckon it could be in the ball park of ~1GB,
depending on which packages/config you're using.
Could you check via
    size mitgcmuv

(check 4th number which is in "dec")
and confirm that you have enough memory to run it
on a single processor.

Also confirm that you're not stacksize limited, i.e. do
    limit stacksize unlimited

Your described change to SIZE.h doesn't do anything
in this case, since you're merely changing the decomposition
into virtual processors, but will still need same
overall memory for the 1 processor that you're actually using.
If you can run via MPI, then try modifying nPx, nPy.

-Patrick