[MITgcm-support] Segmentation fault

Jill N Schwarz jschwarz at awi-bremerhaven.de
Sun Mar 11 11:15:43 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Sorry if this is an old one, but i did search the website and didn't
find any help there.  (searched for MITgcm-support segmentation - any
better alternatives, let me know!)

I get an immediate Segmentation Fault when i start running my new
configuration.  This isn't a platform problem, as another configuration
runs just fine..  which means i've done something daft as usual..  i've
double checked size.h and the other input files i've altered but can't
see anything obvious, so my question is simply;  does anyone have any
tips as to where this might arise?

Brief info;  the grid is 359 x 76 cells, with DELX and DELY supplied -
their dimensions definitely agree with the bathymetry dimensions.  exf
forcing is on with allow_exf_interpolation (from 2deg gridded files) and
useExfYearlyFields = .TRUE.,  using a normal year 6 hourly forcing.  But
since the Seg fault happens instantaneously, i guess the reading-in of
these files doesn't even begin.  The things i've changed are the forcing
files, the grid size and switched off OBCS.  I'm running on a linux
cluster with 17GB ram, so i can't see size being a problem.

Muy gracias for any assistance!
jill.