[MITgcm-support] KPP & OB file

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 20:45:27 EST 2007

thanks martin for KPP...KPP is  special in that you have to set #define SHORTWAVE_HEATING in  CPP_OPTIONS.h in addtion...so you mean that KPP is used ONLY when we define shortwave_heating??so i dont need to change Ricr  for my internal wave case...because i thought it influence of dynamic stability...

one more question :
now i'd like to ask about open boundaries file, as in \verification\exp4\input\data.obcs :

# Open-boundaries
 &OBCS_PARM01
 OB_Jnorth=80*-1,
 OB_Jsouth=80*1,
 OB_Ieast=42*-1,
 OB_Iwest=42*1,
#useOrlanskiNorth=.TRUE.,
#useOrlanskiSouth=.TRUE.,
#useOrlanskiEast=.TRUE.,
#useOrlanskiWest=.FALSE.,
 useOBCSprescribe = .TRUE.,
 OBNuFile = 'OBmeridU.bin',
 OBSuFile = 'OBmeridU.bin',
 OBWuFile = 'OBzonalU.bin',
 OBEuFile = 'OBzonalU.bin',
 OBWsFile = 'OBzonalS.bin',
 OBWptrFile(1) = 'OBzonalS.bin',
 &
# Orlanski parameters
 &OBCS_PARM02
#Cmax=0.45,
#cVelTimeScale=1000.,
 &

in the blue line means that data  open boundaries is given from data observation/prediction?? may i know how to read and to write (format) for that open bondaries file?? is the data read every time step or every one hour??how to interpolate them?? in what routines that files read??

in my case, i'm gonna use tidal prediction data of eta (elevation) from ORITIDE from Ocean Research Instute, University of Tokyo, the data is in every one hour, and usually we use spline cubic subroutine to interpolated one hour data become every time step data, so that every time step data/value used for open boundaries input/value...how to modify my case in MITgcm?? because as far i can see there is no open boundaries file for eta...

thank you,
regards
rima