[MITgcm-support] advective and diffusive diagnostics

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Mar 2 03:45:19 EST 2007

Hi,
let me add a related question:

for vertical diffusive flux there are two fields:
1. DFrI_TH, implicit diffusive flux of theta
2. DFrE_TH, explicit diffusive flux of theta

when I use a vertical mixing scheme that require implicit vertical
diffusion such as KPP (in conjunction with GMredi), I expect that all
diffusive flux is in DFrI_TH. But I still get a small contribution in
DFrE_TH (explicit diffusive flux). Why is that so?

(Actually I have tried this only with passive tracers, so DFrITR01
and DFrETR01, but from looking a the code I don't see, why it should
be different for theta).

Martin