[MITgcm-support] advection scheme

Julie Deshayes jdeshayes at whoi.edu
Mon Aug 27 15:48:58 EDT 2007

hello,
I am running a configuration of the model at high latitude (f=1e-4 /s).
my domain is 700km x 700km and the resolution is 10 km. I do not have as
many eddies as I expected, so I am running some tests to decrease the
values of viscAh and diffKhT that I am using now (see data file at the
end of my email). I hope that this will give me more eddies. Besides, I
am thinking of changing the advection scheme (currently centered 4th
order) to a non-linear flux limited scheme. Would you recommend me to do
that ? or, considering my configuration, what advection scheme would you
recommend me to use ?
thank you in advance for your help,
Julie

# Model parameters
#
# Continuous equation parameters
  &PARM01
  readBinaryPrec=64,
  useSingleCpuIO=.TRUE.,
  tRef=  5.35, 5.20, 5.05, 4.9, 4.75, 4.6, 4.45, 4.3, 4.15, 4.0,
  sRef=10*10.,
  rigidLid=.FALSE.,
  implicitFreeSurface=.TRUE.,
  hFacMin=0.2,