[MITgcm-support] SPGrid-Lombok Grid

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 06:33:14 EDT 2007

hello Ed,

I found a reference showing where the Lombok strait is located:

http://www.tos.org/oceanography/issues/issue_archive/18_4.html
http://www.tos.org/oceanography/issues/issue_archive/issue_pdfs/18_4/18.4_susanto_et_al.pdf

==> yes Ed, you were right about lombok strait references, i have read it too

but I'll need some additional information first:

 0) Please draw a rough sketch of the desired grid extents.
    For instance, take a PNG or other image of the region
    (preferably one showing the bathy and lat/lon coords)
    and then draw some lines (e.g., in Gimp or Matlab or
    Photoshop or whatever) showing a rough outline of the
    grid.

==> I send you a Lombok strait grid sketch file (lombok_grid.jpg and grid_lombok.kmz) attached in this email,  it  created  by RGFGRID-DELFT 3D, overlay with google earth. Hope my sketch gives information that you need.

 1) What is the desired grid resolution and does it vary
    spatially?

==> to simulate solitary wave need a smooth resolution, so i just need delX and delY about 100m around Lombok strait, it showed by a refine grid on the image file. Beside that refine grid, you can create grid resolution larger than 100m, well...you know better than me about it.

 2) Are there any other desired grid features?

==>No,  i just need a simple grid to cover solitary wave in the Lombok Strait (refine grid about 100 m) like in question no 1), but if you have better idea to create other grid features, i would love to accept it...

thank you Ed,
regards,
rima