[MITgcm-support] AIX and numerical diffusion

Haferman, Jeffrey (Jeff) (CIV) jlhaferm at nps.edu
Fri Apr 27 12:22:07 EDT 2007

Got it!!!!

The key was to use the "sp4+mpi_datastar" file with genmake2 (even
though I'm not using the SDSC datastar machine).  I had been using the
sp4+mpi file (and commented out the references to libraries that I
wasn't using); though I'm not sure exactly what was causing the
divergent behavior, NOW my IBM runs converge and the output matches
*exactly* with my Linux runs....

Jeff