[MITgcm-support] AIX and numerical diffusion

Haferman, Jeffrey (Jeff) (CIV) jlhaferm at nps.edu
Thu Apr 26 18:58:21 EDT 2007

I rebuilt using genmake2 with the -ieee flag (which basically adds the
-qstrict option to the compilation) and though the output values
changed, I still got the same divergent behavior in the end....

I will play with some different compilation flags (remove all
optimization to begin with) and see if I can fix the problem.  If you
have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jeff

> I guess I can try to decrease the timestep on the IBM to see if it
> helps, but does has anyone else had this type of experience when
moving
> a model to a new platform, and can you offer some suggestions?  I am
> using the IBM xlf and xlc compilers under their POE environment, if
that
> makes any difference.

Please rerun genmake2 with the -ieee flag, rebuild and run and let us
know if
you experience the same problem. We may need to change the default
optimization level on the IBMs.

Constantinos