[MITgcm-support] help me get started solving Boussinesq equations

Haferman, Jeffrey (Jeff) (CIV) jlhaferm at nps.edu
Mon Sep 25 14:23:05 EDT 2006

Hi -
I'm new here.  I've downloaded MITgcm and have got several of the examples running on a Linux cluster.  So I've gotten over my first few hurdles.

Now, I need to setup my particular problem.  Given an initial temperature and salinity state in a 2D spatial domain, I would like to use MITgcm to solve the Boussinesq equations through time, using periodic boundary conditions.  Eventually I would like to extend this to 3D.

So, to start, I'm wondering which of the canned examples supplied with MITgcm would be a good place for me to start tweaking?  Any advice at all would be most appreciated!

Thank you,

Jeff Haferman