[MITgcm-support] Re: viscosity questions

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Nov 16 19:31:08 EST 2006

Hi Martin,

Looks like an interesting problem !
No obvious noise on uVel,vVel. What about wVel ?
Also, the noise on T,S, is it a steady noise or oscillating/fast-growing ?

I did not use very often this option, but you can try to
keep the 33 advection scheme for the horizontal, and switch back
to 2nd order in the vertical (at least for a test):
 tempAdvScheme=33,
 tempVertAdvScheme=2,

Jean-Michel