[MITgcm-support] cubed sphere sea ice exp.

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 6 10:02:14 EST 2006

Congratulations Amitabh!

> I want to know how can I get the proper Lat and Lon
> of the area represented in the graph, for the X-Y axes
> instead of 0 to 32 ?

The files XC.data, YC.data contain the lat/lon information that you are looking
for.  There's a bunch of matlab routines in MITgcm/utils/matlab/cs_grid that
help you to work with cubed-sphere grid.

> Also for any MITgcm exp. we have the file SIZE.h where we mention
> the tile distribution but that doesn't distribute the
> global output into 6 parts, so where is this happening
> in the cubed sphere exp. ?

In runtime file "eedata" you specify "useCubedSphereExchange=.TRUE.," and the
code associated with that option takes care of the cubed-sphere tiling.

Dimitris

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology