[MITgcm-support] Guide to output variables?

Christopher L. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 6 14:35:24 EST 2006

Hello all,

I'm looking for a guide to the various standard output variables of the
MITgcm. I've managed to find a text file which lists the name, units,
and format of the possible output variables of the diagnostics package,
but not the standard GFD package. The manual does not seem to be much
help in this regard. Even the tutorials produce outputs for which no
explanation is given. For instance, the 4-layer baroclinic gyre example
creates files with names like

XC.*
XG.*
PH.*
PHL.*
RAC.*
RAS.*
RAW.*
RAZ.*

which no indication as to what these variables mean. Any help with this
is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Christopher

Dr. Christopher L. Wolfe             		 858-534-4560
Physical Oceanography Research Division    OAR 357
Scripps Institute of Oceanography, UCSD    clwolfe at ucsd.edu