[MITgcm-support] About internal wave simulation

Yi HanSoo yi.hansoo at gmail.com
Fri May 19 07:03:07 EDT 2006

Hi, MITgcm users

I am a newbie and following the internal wave example.
I have two questions. When I change the initial condition of potential
temperature(theta)
to larger gradient with stable stratification, I have overflow errors with
NaN values or error with a message below
The example values show very small grdient of potential temperature.

SOLUTION IS HEADING OUT OF BOUND : tMin , tMax -1.279E+29, 1.367E+29
MON_SOLUTION : STOPPING CALCULATION

and does the reference potential temperature in PARAM0 mean the perturbation
of potential temperature(theta') in linear EOS?
could anyone point me to some reference?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Lee HanSoo

Ph.D student
Research Center for Fluvial and Coastal Disasters,
Disaster Prevention Research Institute,
Kyoto University,
Gokasho, Uji-si, Kyoto, Japan
611-0011