[MITgcm-support] some very basic questions

Gerard C Nihous nihous at hawaii.edu
Wed May 10 22:38:30 EDT 2006

Hi Ed,

Thanks a lot for the tip on running a UNIX-like environment on a Windows machine. I downloaded the Cygwin software and proceeded with the MITgcm code download. As instructed, I typed

$ export CVSROOT=':pserver:cvsanon at mitgcm.org:/u/gcmpack'

$ cvs login

The second command seems to have been unrecognized, however; I got the diagnostic

bash: cvs: command not found

Sorry to bother you with what must be trivial stuff.

Gerard

Gerard C. Nihous, Ph.D.

Hawaii Natural Energy Institute
School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology
University of Hawaii at Manoa
1680 East-West Road, POST 122
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
USA