[MITgcm-support] relocation truncated to fit: R_386_32

Nicolas Wienders wienders at ocean.fsu.edu
Fri Jul 28 11:19:49 EDT 2006

> This happens because your matrices end up larger than 2GB in size
> per process.
> Either compile with the medium memory model (-mmodel=medium) or
> compile
> everything with -KPIC. The former may require the MPI library to be
> recompiled with -mmodel=medium.

Thanks Constantinos,
I tried the second option but i got the same problems.
I must not be using the flag properly i am sure.
Here is my opt file:

FC=mpif77
CC=mpicc
DEFINES='-D_BYTESWAPIO -DWORDLENGTH=4'
CPP='cpp  -traditional -KPIC'
NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'
#MAKEDEPEND=/usr/X11R6/bin/gccmakedep
#MAKEDEPEND=/usr/X11R6/bin/makedepend
LIBS='-L/usr/lib -lnetcdf'
INCLUDES='-I/usr/lib/mpich/include'

#  For IEEE, use the "-ffloat-store" option
if test "x$IEEE" = x ; then
     FFLAGS='-Wimplicit -Wunused -Wuninitialized'
     FOPTIM='-O3 -funroll-loops'
else
     FFLAGS='-Wimplicit -Wunused -ffloat-store'
     FOPTIM='-O0 '
fi

Thanks. n

--

Nicolas Wienders                   (850) 644-1987 (office)
Oceanography - OSB415                294-3542 (cell)
Tallahassee, FL - 32306    wienders at ocean.fsu.edu