[MITgcm-support] relocation truncated to fit: R_386_32

Constantinos Evangelinos ce107 at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Jul 26 14:28:33 EDT 2006

On Wed 26 Jul 2006 11:46, Nicolas Wienders wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to compile a recently brewed or downloaded version of
> mitgcm on a debian  AMD 258 cluster.
>
> I am getting the following error, which i believe is not a compiler
> error but rather a linking or ld problem?
>
> Any idea on how to solve that?

This happens because your matrices end up larger than 2GB in size per process.
Either compile with the medium memory model (-mmodel=medium) or compile
everything with -KPIC. The former may require the MPI library to be
recompiled with -mmodel=medium.

Constantinos
--
Dr. Constantinos Evangelinos                    Room 54-1518, EAPS/MIT
Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences       77 Massachusetts Avenue

--
Dr. Constantinos Evangelinos
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences