[MITgcm-support] Questions on OBs!

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie.math.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 13 11:20:42 EST 2006

Hi Ed,
Sorry about last too big email, I just dropped a figure, then I have a
small one. Thanks!

------
Dear MITgcm-supporters,

May I bother you with some questions regarding OBs?

I use MITgcm to simulate a generation of internal waves over depression
bump by
tidal forcing.

The domain is as a open channel with:
  Length=60000 m (Grid: 3000*20m)
  Width=20 m ( 1 cell for 2D)
  Depth= 120 m (80*1.5m)

Model is considered as 2D, closed at north & south, opened at west and
east. At west and east I applied OBs with the tidal flow:
u=Uo*sin(omega*t) (Uo=0.2 m/s; omega=1/M2=1.4053e-4.

I enclose herewith some input files, could you please take a look, if I
probably have some mistakes in these. With these inputs I don't know why I
always have an oscillation at western and eastern OBs after n*T (T is
tidal period (about 44640s), please see in the fig. after 1*T enclosed).

Please let me know if my description of the model setup is not clear to
you.

Thanks so much for your helps,

Van Thinh