[MITgcm-support] compiling on the Cray X1E

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Jan 20 19:30:54 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 15:31 -0800, Paola Cessi wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to compile the MITgcm on a Cray X1E?

Hi Paola,

Here are two possible approaches:

 the "easy" option: if you can get me an account on the X1E
    I'll do my best to get it running there

 the "DIY" option: you can start with one of our simpler
    "optfiles" such as:

      MITgcm/tools/build_options/linux_ia32_pgf77

    and then modify the FC, CC, CPP, etc. variables to
    specify the compiler, linker, flags, etc. that you
    want to use on the X1E system.  The detailed directions
    can be found at:

http://mitgcm.org/r2_web_testing/latest/online_documents/node95.html
http://mitgcm.org/r2_web_testing/latest/online_documents/node158.html

Ed