[MITgcm-support] instantaneous density anomaly diagnostics

Andrea Molod molod at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Jan 12 12:03:51 EST 2006

hi sergey,

indeed, i would recommend using the diagnostics package
to get what you want. if you set the frequency to some
negative number, it will do a 'dump' rather than a time
average.

> 3. I tried to include diagnostics pkg in my setup. It compiled ok but it
> didn't save any output that I specified in data.diagnostcics. I searched
> through our mailing list but I didn't see such problem being mentioned. I
> included data.diagnostics, changed data.pkg and packages.conf (all attached).
> Does anyone see the reason why it wouldn't do the output? (the standard
> output files are still created).

you did not include your run output file. there is a lot of info
in there about what the diagnostics package is doing. can you send
that along?

in general for the diagnostics package though....
there is an 'include' file in the diagnostics package directory
that is called DIAGNOSTICS_SIZE.h -- you need to include your
own version of this file when you compile that sets the
variable 'numdiags' to be big enough to handle all the diagnostics
you ask for. in this example you have asked for one field only,
so the 'default' value of 1*Nr is fine, but in general it won't be.

andrea