[MITgcm-support] mnc obcs pickup files?

Jennifer MacKinnon jmackinn at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 11 13:18:50 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to restart a run using pickup files and
am having a little trouble.  I'm using mpi, MNC and obcs.  It appears
that the variable pickup files are written with MNC, but the obcs
pickup files are written in the *.data format.  I have set
pickup_write_mnc=.TRUE.  When I try to restart from a particular
iteration number, nothing much happens.  I tried both with
pickup_read_mnc=.TRUE.  and .FALSE.   I assume in order to restart
the run, the code would prefer all the pickup files to be in one
format or the other.  Is there any way to get the obcs pickup files
into mnc format?

Thanks,

jen mackinnon

Dr. Jennifer MacKinnon