[MITgcm-support] mnc obcs pickup files?

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Jan 11 14:37:08 EST 2006

Hi Jennifer,

The obcs pickup files are still an issue:
- without Orlanski OBCS, the model does not need OBCS pickup to
 restart correctly ; it happens that the model is still writing
 those files but does not read them back.
- with Orlanski OBCS, the model would need to read some
 specific pickup files to restart properly. However, the
 current implementation of the orlanski pickup does not work as it
 should, and this needs to be fixed (I did not find time to
 investigate all the Orlanski code to see where the problem was).
 As a results, the model does not read any Orlanski OBCs-pickup
 files neither.

For now, I don't think there is a real need to have the obcs
pickup files written in mnc format as long as those files
are not read (or not needed) during a restart.

Jean-Michel