[MITgcm-support] combining netcdf files

mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Mon Apr 3 16:00:37 EDT 2006

Hi there,

is there currently an alternate to mnc_assembly.m for combining mnc-netcdf files from N-processors into a single file. For
quick diagnostics I do not want to copy all large files from a particular run to a machine where I do have matlab available,
but instead I would like, for example, to extract a certain time slab from the netcdf files (which I can with nco or cdo, right?)
and possibly combine them into a single netcdf file, contains  the global fields for that particular time slab only, everything
preferably in a script. That file, I would be abloe to copy quickly to a machine where I can actually look at the data.

Is there a tool that does that (other than mnc_assembly)?

Martin

Martin Losch
Alfred Wegener Institute
Postfach 120161, 27515 Bremerhaven, Germany;
Tel./Fax: ++49(0471)4831-1872/1797