[MITgcm-support] combining netcdf files

m. r. schaferkotter schaferk at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 3 16:24:13 EDT 2006

hi martin;
one approach would be to set useSingleCpuIO=.True. in data and
constrain the size of the netcdf file that the mnc package
produces via mnc_max_fsize=3.0e+06 in data.mnc.  you somewhat easily
figure out how large mnc_max_fsize should be.
make a guess. run the model for a few timesteps and check the netcdf
files.
now you won/t have to worry about the tiles and each netcdf
file has the data from one timestep.
a simple script with loop using ncks will produce a netcdf file with
a field for each time step. the netcdf files for that field can then
be put together
with ncecat.

michael