[MITgcm-support] Re: Problems with MITgcm server

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon May 23 11:27:59 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 16:13 +0200, Stefano Querin wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm encountering some problems with the MITgcm server both in
> downloading the code with cvs and in using the MITgcm search engine.
> When I connect to the cvs server the connection fails (connection time
> out). When I use the search engine I get a "500 Internal Server Error"
> warning.
> Is there any problems with the server or am I doing something wrong?
> Should I submit this e-mail to the mitgcm.support list?
> Thank you very much.

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for writing.  And I'm forwarding this to the support list
since others have asked similar questions.

Our web site, particularly some parts of the documentation and the
htdig-based search tool, are a bit out-of-date and need fixing.  Its on
our "to-do" list for this summer so we'll be working on it soon.  In the
mean time, please do the following:

 1) Please use Google or Yahoo or another engine to search our
    web site.  The search syntax you'll want to use is:

      site:mitgcm.org YOUR_SEARCH_TERMS

 2) CVS pserver is working correctly for me.  I just tested
    it (with pserver, ext, and the web-interface) and its fine.
    Please send the exact CVS error messages that you're seeing
    and I'll help you figure out whats wrong.

    And, as a quick fix, you can always get the latest snapshot
    of the code and some recent checkpoints as tar files at:

      http://mitgcm.org/download/
      http://mitgcm.org/download/daily_snapshot/

Ed

--