[MITgcm-support] Re: single layer run

Sergey Vinogradov svinogra at aer.com
Fri May 13 09:52:07 EDT 2005

Martin:
I do initialize the experiment with prescribed SSH (which is computed as
inverted barometer for the initial atm.pressure). Then the atm. pressure
forcing evolves in time and space. I don't have problems with several
layers configuration, but in a single-layer setup the model doesn't seem
to "feel" the atm. pressure forcing at all, instead, it just solves the
problem of the barotropic adjustment of the initial condition. I was
thinking if the single layer is really applicable for this type of
experiment?
Regards
Sergey