[MITgcm-support] Re: [Aces-support] question regarding queue

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Mar 30 15:15:40 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 14:52 -0500, Richard Lu wrote:
> Hi, Ed,
>
> I replied your email yesterday and I am not sure if you got that.
> I tried today again, and it seems that with option #PBS -q four, the
> maximum number of nodes that I can request is 11 nodes. Following is the
> script for the submission. Do you know any reason? Thanks.
>
> [lurr at itrda:~/data/erlsmp/test3d]$ qsub q-lam.csh
> qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits

Hi Richard,

The problem has nothing to do with your script per se -- there are
currently only 11 nodes managed within the default itrda queue:

  $ ssh itrda
  $ pbsnodes -a | grep state | wc -l
  11

So, please either log on to "ao" or "geojr" (the other active ACES head
nodes -- which I demonstrated in the examples in my email yesterday) or
submit your jobs using syntax such as:

  $ ssh itrda
  $ qsub -I -l nodes=1 -q @ao

that will let them run in queues that have more nodes.  For more
information on the commands above, see the ACES web pages, "man qsub",
and "man qstat".

Ed

ps - Please don't cc: me when sending emails to this list.  I get
     enough copies already.

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307