[MITgcm-support] exf_clim question

Mike Spall mspall at whoi.edu
Wed Mar 30 16:03:40 EST 2005

I am trying to read in a 3-D array for use with the
exf_clim relaxation package.
I've defined ALLOW_CLIMSALT_RELAXATION and generated
monthly 3-d arrays of a climatological salinity field.
I've named that file saltclim.bin4 in data.exf_clim.
I've generated this file using the same type matlab
scripts that I used to generate the other files read
in by exf, e.g. the atempfile, uwindfile, etc.
The model fails when trying to read in the data.  It
appears to be looking for a tile decomposition of
the data file.

MDSREADFIELD: filename: saltclim.bin4.001.001.data

Should it be looking for this type of file?  If so,
is there a simple way to generate the tile files from
a single file?  I suppose it will also want the .meta
files?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael A. Spall