[MITgcm-support] Re: pickup problem

Alistair Adcroft Alistair.Adcroft at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 28 10:46:14 EST 2005

Tom,

Leith is state dependent and has no "save" information of it's own. If
the pickup is failing it is because it would fail anyway (without
Leith). I checked the data file and there is nothing specific to pickup
version; the non-linear free surface needs special treatment but it
should be doing that by default (Jean-Michel?).

Another possibility is some inconsistency with the forcing/exf stuff;
I'm not sure how it works across pickup boundaries so need to defer to
Patrick or Ed?

A.

Dr Alistair Adcroft              email: Alistair.Adcroft at noaa.gov
NOAA/GFDL, Princeton University               Tel: (609) 987-5073
Forrestal Campus, U.S. Route 1, P.O. Box 308, Princeton, NJ 08542