[MITgcm-support] Re: pickup problem

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Mar 31 10:21:31 EST 2005

Hi,

I checked the restart accuracy (testing 2+2 = ? 4) on my laptop
with g77 & ifc:
most of the testing experiments pass (zero diff of binary pickup files):
 adjustment.128x64x1
 adjust_nlfs.cs-32x32x1
 global_ocean.90x40x15
 global_ocean_pressure
 global_with_exf
 ideal_2D_oce
 lab_sea

but some fail:
 global_ocean.cs32x15
 aim.5l_cs

The reason for those "fail" is related to the Opfile:
 with g77: -mfpmath=sse -msse -msse2
 with ifc: -pc64 -xW
and the problem persists even if I switch off the Non-Linear FS.

If I use the old optfiles (by the way, I wonder who did
change the standard optfile ?) or if I don't use -ieee,
then the restart is OK (2+2 = 4).

I don't know what to do with those compiler options, and if
you have any suggestion ...

Alistair and Tom, I don't know what kind of set-up you are testing
for this restart, but I know that there are still some missing
piece of code with OBCs & NLFS (for instance Orlanski, the reason
why the dome exp is not restarting properly).

Jean-Michel