[MITgcm-support] Eta relaxation to obcs values

eliyahu biton eliyahu.biton at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Jul 26 07:23:05 EDT 2005

Hello suporting list and others
I'm trying to use real fresh water flux, and yet mantain reasonable sea
level values (as the evaporation rate from my basin's surface is ~2m/year).
To do so I set the flag  useRealFreshWaterFlux to True, and I have one
OBCS in order to compansate the evaporation process (by relaxation of
the sea level values (eta) to the boundary values [set to zero by defult]) .
I ran two experiments, one with non linear free surface and one with
linear free surface, both of them showed consistent dropping in sea
level and no relaxation to sea level boundary condition.
I know that there is an option to use OBCSprescrib option where water
fluxes at the boundary are read from inputted files, but I would prefer
to use relaxation to sea level such that the fluxes at the boundary will
be calculated by the model.
Any suggestion?
thanks a lot, Eli.

--