[MITgcm-support] Eta relaxation to obcs values

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Jul 26 21:39:56 EDT 2005

Hi Hezi,

the simple OBCS (not with Orlanski) requires to specify:
- prescribed horizontal velocity
- prescribed T & S
the obcs_apply_eta.F subroutine is only there to control the
thickness layer that is used to compute horizontal transport at
the OB, when using NonLin-FreeSurface.
A relaxation on eta will have no effect on the mean SSH inside
the domain.

I would suggest (but it might be difficult to implement),
since you know the integrated E-P, that you try to prescribe
an equivalent inflow of salty (or fresh) water at the OB.

Jean-Michel