[MITgcm-support] short-wave radiation file

eliyahu biton eliyahu.biton at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Jul 19 02:43:30 EDT 2005

hello supporting list
I recently  downloaded the snapshot version  'MITgcm_ss_20050629'
(especially for it's new diagnostics capabilities).
but now I have a problem with the way that the model reads or calculates
short-wave radiation data. The model read the file of the downward SW
radiation but there seems to be no impact on the model heat flux
calculations. To check this more carefully I ran my simulation with and
without the downward short-wave radiation file and I got the same
results, then I check it again with version MITgcm_checkpoint56 and
there everything looks fine.
The radiation forcing I'm using are implicit downward short-wave and
long-wave radiations  (specified within the file data.exf).
I also turned on the flags   SHORTWAVE_HEATING (within  'CPP_OPTIONS.h')
and  'ALLOW_DOWNWARD_RADIATION'  (within  ECCO_CPPOPTIONS.h)
Did something changed with the way the model read short-wave radiation
file since version MITgcm_checkpoint56 ?
thanks allot
Eli

--
Eli Biton