[MITgcm-support] viscAh & viscAz!

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie.math.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 15 17:17:36 EDT 2005

Hi Guttorm,

Sorry for this delay, because I was out of my work last week!

Following your advice, I set the parameter tempAdvScheme=33 in order to
use the 3rd order DST Flux limiter, then I got a better result, it reduced
significant noises. However, I still haven't got really good result as I
have been expecting. For the option with tempAdvScheme=77, the 2nd order
flux limiter, I got a worse result than the above 3rd. I suppose I have to
refine the grid. However, it took too long for a calculation, for the grid
resolution=1600*2*80 (domain:4000m*5m*40m) I used 16 cpus on irix64, the
calculation took about 90h for a simulation time 2 days due to the time
step is only 0.5s. If you would have any idea to improve the computational
time, please give me a help.

Thanks so much,

Van Thinh