[MITgcm-support] Re: compiling MITgcm

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 18 15:51:32 EST 2005

Hi there,

getting the model to run on an Altix
should not require a sys admin guy.
It has been run on quite a few Altix systems.

Only thing you need to know is
* which compiler? (full path to compiler)
  In case it's ifort (likely),  find out whether
  is it version befor 8, or 8 onwards (usually apparent in path name)
* which mpi?
  (full path to lib/ and include/ directory)

Then, take one of the optfiles on tools/build_options/ e.g.
o linux_ia64_ifort+mpi_altix_nas (if it's ifort-8...)
o linux_ia64_efc+mpi_altix (if it's ifort-7 or below)
and customize these few variables to your Altix.

Then compile, run, and send your sys-admin guy skiing :o)

-Patrick