[MITgcm-support] Re: compiling MITgcm

Kelvin Richards rkelvin at hawaii.edu
Fri Feb 18 15:34:56 EST 2005

Ed,

I have managed to get MITgcm working on my Sun (getting it to work on
our Altix machine is work in progres for our overworked system admin guys).

I want to configure the model as a periodic channel centred on the
equator (to extend my work on inertial instability to 3D). The closest
examples are exp4 (an open channel) and exp5 (a doubly periodic box). I
see references to the Orlanski open bc in exp4 and 'PWX', Periodic wrap
around in X, in exp5, but no obvious way of setting the bc's on the
lateral boundaries. As far as I can see, there is no mention of b.c.s in
the mitgcm_manual. Is there any documentation on b.c.'s and how to set
them? Or an easy way to change the open channel to a periodic one?

Regards
Kelvin

--
Kelvin Richards