[MITgcm-support] Re: compiling MITgcm

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Feb 15 22:11:20 EST 2005

Hi Kelvin,

I've subscribed you to this list so any further emails from your address
will be accepted automatically.  And I've included your original email
below for reference.

In regards to the Sun build/test problems, it seems that your gcc-g77
install isn't happy.  Its trying to use a dynamically linked g2c library
and this is probably due to an odd or botched gcc-g77 install.  Google
gives a number of links that report similar errors such as:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg00197.html

So are you *sure* that gcc and g77 are properly installed on your Suns?
For instance, are you able to produce working Fortran programs using
simple "hello_world.f"-type programs?

And for the Altix system, could you please send us a more detailed bug
report?  A cut-and-paste of the exact commands you used and the exact
error message(s) you received would be very helpful.  A significant
fraction of the current MITgcm users are routinely running their
simulations on Altix systems so they are known to work well!

Ed

=== Original Email ===