[MITgcm-support] query ?

Amitabh Mitra amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com
Tue Feb 15 04:48:52 EST 2005

Dear Sir,

 I have successfully run the inbuilt experiment
 global_ocean.90x40x15. Then I extracted topography
 data from Etopo2.raw.bin for the region below

 Latitude 80 S to 76 N Longitude 4 E to 360 E
 for 4 by 4 degree resolution.

 The number of bytes for the extracted data matches
 with the original bathymetry.bin (i.e 14400) please see
 attachment.

 To check the validity ,I apply this extracted data in
 place of original bathymetry.bin but an error message
 is displayed as I execute the model as shown below :-

 SGI_2100 25% mpirun -np 1 ./mitgcmuv
 S/R INI_THETA: theta = 0 identically. If this is intentionalyou will need to edit
 ini_theta.F to avoid this safety check
 STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R INI_THETA
 STOP
 MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()

 I suppose I have to extract each data, as required by the
 experiment, only bathymetry.bin will not work, or maybe some
 thing is wrong with my extracted data.
 What could be the problem ?

 Regards,

 Amitabh Mitra