[MITgcm-support] global 4deg - more problems

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Feb 8 15:38:33 EST 2005

Hi Samar,

> I am having a puzzling problem with the global 4 deg verification
> experiment.

there are several global 4 deg verification experiment (exp2,
global_ocean.90x40x15, global_ocean_ebm, global_ocean_pressure,
global_with_exf) but I assume you are talking about global_ocean.90x40x15

I tried all deltaT set to 3600, and it run for more than 25 iters
but not much longer.

I would recommand to try a smaller value of viscAh.
My impression is that 5.E5 is too large in high-lat regions
for a 1.h deltaT.
To get a precise upper limit is not so easy, because
there could be some hFac (in the code) that may influence
the stability criteria.

See you,

Jean-Michel