[MITgcm-support] tiles vs processors

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Feb 2 05:51:12 EST 2005

Chris,
something I never quite understood: Why do we have the capability for
multiple tiles per processors (the bi-bj-loops)? The only reason I see
is the cubed sphere grid. Are there any other situations in which it is
advantageous to have more than one tile per processor?

As far as I can see the bi,bj indices do not say anything about
processor ID (how could they?), which is the reason why Ed's
mnc_assembly only worked with multiple tiles but not with multiple
processors.