[MITgcm-support] genmake2 error

Nicolas Wienders wienders at ocean.fsu.edu
Fri Dec 9 19:24:21 EST 2005

Hi all,
i am pretty puzzled by this error i am getting when simply trying
to compile the test experience #1. I am using a recent CVS checkpoint.
Thanks for your help. Have a good week-end.

[wienders at cluster build]$ ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code -
optfile ../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_g77

GENMAKE :

A program for GENerating MAKEfiles for the MITgcm project.  For a
quick list of options, use "genmake -h" or for more detail see:

   http://mitgcm.org/devel_HOWTO/

===  Processing options files and arguments  ===
   getting local config information:  none found
Warning:  ROOTDIR was not specified but there appears to be a copy of
MITgcm at "../../.." so we'll try it.
   getting OPTFILE information:
     using OPTFILE="../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_g77"
   getting AD_OPTFILE information:
     using AD_OPTFILE="../../../tools/adjoint_options/adjoint_default"

===  Checking system libraries  ===
   Do we have the system() command using g77...  yes
   Do we have the fdate() command using g77...  yes
   Do we have the etime() command using g77...  yes
   Can we call simple C routines (here, "cloc()") using g77...  yes
   Can we use stat() through C calls...  yes
   Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  no

===  Setting defaults  ===
   Adding MODS directories:   ../code
   Making source files in eesupp from templates
Error: problem encountered while building source files in eesupp:
make: *** No rule to make target `exch_uv_rx_cube.template', needed
by `exch_uv_rl_cube.F'.  Stop.