[MITgcm-support] genmake2 error

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Dec 9 20:38:11 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 19:24 -0500, Nicolas Wienders wrote:
> Hi all,
> i am pretty puzzled by this error i am getting when simply trying
> to compile the test experience #1. I am using a recent CVS checkpoint.
> Thanks for your help. Have a good week-end.

[...snip...]

> ===  Setting defaults  ===
>    Adding MODS directories:   ../code
>    Making source files in eesupp from templates
> Error: problem encountered while building source files in eesupp:
> make: *** No rule to make target `exch_uv_rx_cube.template', needed
> by `exch_uv_rl_cube.F'.  Stop.

Hi Nicolas,

I can't reproduce the above error.  So its very likely a local problem
for your copy of the code.  I think it means you have inadvertently
deleted your copy of:

  MITgcm/eesupp/src/exch_uv_rx_cube.template

So could you please check that the above file exists?  And if you've
accidentally deleted a lot of files it may just be easiest to get a
fresh checkout of the entire model from CVS and start from that.

good luck!
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD