[MITgcm-support] NumPy and ScientificPython for ITRDA

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Nov 14 22:25:01 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 22:02 -0500, Daniel Enderton wrote:

> I was able to build numarray locally in my ITRDA hopespace just fine, but ran
> into this problem with the actual Numeric python package (which I need to get
> to my ultimately desired Scientific package).
>
> building 'lapack_lite' extension
> gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/Src/lapack_litemodule.o
> -L/usr/lib/atlas -llapack -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas -lg2c -o
> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/lapack_lite.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcblas
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> What is the "-lcblas" option for gcc?  I could find anything on google about it.
>  Is this something goofy with ITRDA or the install file?  I sent a report off
> to a Numeric Python mailing list, so hopefully I hear back from them soon.

Hi Daniel,

The "cblas" lib is a C version of the old Fortran BLAS ("Basic Linear
Algebra Subroutines").  If you google for "blas" and "cblas" you'll see
that there are multiple implementations.

Come see me tomorrow and I'll help you built it on ITRDA.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307