[MITgcm-support] NumPy and ScientificPython for ITRDA

Daniel Enderton enderton at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 14 22:02:19 EST 2004

I was able to build numarray locally in my ITRDA hopespace just fine, but ran
into this problem with the actual Numeric python package (which I need to get
to my ultimately desired Scientific package).

building 'lapack_lite' extension
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/Src/lapack_litemodule.o
-L/usr/lib/atlas -llapack -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas -lg2c -o
build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/lapack_lite.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcblas
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What is the "-lcblas" option for gcc?  I could find anything on google about it.
 Is this something goofy with ITRDA or the install file?  I sent a report off
to a Numeric Python mailing list, so hopefully I hear back from them soon.

Daniel