[MITgcm-support] query ?

Amitabh Mitra amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com
Thu May 20 03:02:24 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

      Dear Sir,

       Thanks for your kind co-operation. We are now getting
       the following errors after giving the following command
       from the bin directory of MITgcm.

       $../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code -of ../tools/build_options/hpux

	Errors:
**********************************************************************************************************************************************
$ cd MIT/MITgcm/bin
$ ../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code -of ../tools/build_options/hpux

GENMAKE :

A program for GENerating MAKEfiles for the MITgcm project.  For a
quick list of options, use "genmake -h" or for more detail see:

  http://mitgcm.org/devel_HOWTO/

===  Processing options files and arguments  ===
  getting local config information:  none found
Warning:  ROOTDIR was not specified but there appears to be a copy of MITgcm at ".." so we'll try it.
  getting OPTFILE information:
    using OPTFILE="../tools/build_options/hpux"
  getting AD_OPTFILE information:
    using AD_OPTFILE="../tools/adjoint_options/adjoint_default"

===  Checking system libraries  ===
  Do we have the system() command using f90...  yes
  Do we have the fdate() command using f90...  no
  Can we call simple C routines (here, "cloc()") using f90...  ../tools/genmake2: genmake_warnings: Permission denied
../tools/genmake2: genmake_errors: Permission denied
no
  Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  cpp: "genmake_tnc.for", line 2: error 4036: Can't open include file 'netcdf.inc'.
cpp: "genmake_tnc.for", line 2: error 4036: Can't open include file 'netcdf.inc'.
../tools/genmake2: genmake_warnings: Permission denied
no

===  Setting defaults  ===
  Adding MODS directories:
Error: MODS directory "../code" not found!
$
**********************************************************************************************************************************************

      where hpux is the optfile made by us.The optfile named  'hpux' is
      attached with this mail.
       We want clarification on the following points :-

       (1) We have aCC command instead of CC command then what shall   be the
           changes for above in your model.

       (2) We do not have NetCDF library. Please guide us , can we
           install , the model without it or not. If not then how can
           it be installed and which default path will suit your model.

       (3) Model is giving error MODS directory "../code" not found!
           how we can resolve this problem ?

         regards,
          Amitabh Mitra