[MITgcm-support] [MITgcm Manual] section 3.2 Obtaining the code

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 17 23:49:55 EDT 2004

Hi Ulrike,

the best would be if one us could get access
to your platform to see what's wrong.
We have been running the code on various o2k and o3k
so it's hopefully easy to fix on yours.

Also, could you send us exactly which commands you
typed and when/how it failed?

-Patrick

Quoting Uli Riemenschneider <uriemenschneider at whoi.edu>:

> Hi Ed,
>
> I am still not able to compile the version of the MIT code I downloaded
> on Monday. Neither Sonya nor one of her postdocs know what might be
> wrong (they might be using older versions of the code). The machine I'd
> like to run it on is a 4 -processor SGI Origin 200.
>
> Any other ideas how to get it going? Like I mentioned the command
> 'gmake' is not recognised by this machine.
> Many thanks,
> Uli
>

> Ed Hill wrote:
>
> >Hi Ulrike,
> >
> >I've subscribed you to the MITgcm-support email list and below is the
> >follow-up message that was sent before you were subscribed.
> >
> >If "gmake" doesn't work, then please send more detailed information
> >about your particular machine and compiler and we'll try to help get it
> >working.
> >
> >Ed

Patrick Heimbach   Massachusetts Institute of Technology
FON: +1/617/253-5259                  EAPS, Room 54-1518
FAX: +1/617/253-4464             77 Massachusetts Avenue
mailto:heimbach at mit.edu               Cambridge MA 02139
http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach/                        USA