[MITgcm-support] Model-output unreadable...

Uli Riemenschneider uriemenschneider at whoi.edu
Fri Aug 20 14:36:20 EDT 2004

Alistair,

I am sorry... I found my, quite silly, mistake... I used the SIZE.h file
for my mpi runs but ran it single processor and that messed things up...

By the way, what does the 'vectorInvariantMomentum' option involve?
After I ran the model again with proper topography and that option
switched on the velocity fields seemes to have become a lot (!) smoother!

Uli

Alistair Adcroft wrote:
> Can you show us the size of the corresponding files?
> If you were using
>  >> q=rdmds('T',3456);
> Then do:
>  %   ls -l T.*3456.*
>
> Thx
>
> A.
> --
> Dr Alistair Adcroft            http://www.mit.edu/~adcroft
> MIT Climate Modeling Initiative        tel: (617) 253-5938
> EAPS 54-1624,  77 Massachusetts Ave,  Cambridge,  MA,  USA

Ulrike Riemenschneider,  Postdoctoral Investigator
Physical Oceanography Dept. MS #21
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA

Phone: (+1) 508 289 2916 Fax: (+1) 508 457 2181