[MITgcm-support] Freshwater_flux

Petter Stenström petters at kth.se
Wed Aug 11 19:05:02 EDT 2004

I'm trying to add freshwater at one end of a closed basin and I would like
the effect to be increasing sea level and decreasing salinity. It seems
that I then need to set both nonlinFreeSurf and useRealFreshWaterFlux to
TRUE, and in addition generate an EmPmRfile with some finite value at some
grid cell and a saltClimFile with all zeros (?)

The model version I'm using right now, r1b1, does not have
useRealFreshWaterFlux defined. So before upgrading I just want to check if
there was some other way in r1b1?

Petter Stenström
Dept of Land and Water Res Eng
Royal Institute of Technology