[MITgcm-support] cubed sphere

Alistair Adcroft adcroft at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 28 09:02:55 EDT 2004

Try the cs32x15 which does work.

A.
--
Dr Alistair Adcroft            http://www.mit.edu/~adcroft
MIT Climate Modeling Initiative        tel: (617) 253-5938
EAPS 54-1624,  77 Massachusetts Ave,  Cambridge,  MA,  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: mitgcm-support-bounces at mitgcm.org
[mailto:mitgcm-support-bounces at mitgcm.org] On Behalf Of Martin Losch
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 4:24 AM
To: MITgcm Support
Subject: [MITgcm-support] cubed sphere

Hi,

I was so bold to run one of the cubed sphere experiments:
global_ocean.cs32x32x30

Because I couldn't find any initial conditions for T and S, I started
from uniform fields (T=4degC and S=35psu), but with ncep forcing. I
also use the seaice package, but that should not matter for the problem
that is visible in the attached plot. The plot shows velocities and
speed (abs(vel)) after 1 month of integration from rest, for the top
layer (thickness 10m). What I find puzzling is the feature before the
coast of Venezuela, particularily because it runs along the interface
between two tiles. What is that?