[MITgcm-support] cubed sphere

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Apr 28 04:24:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

I was so bold to run one of the cubed sphere experiments:
global_ocean.cs32x32x30

Because I couldn't find any initial conditions for T and S, I started
from uniform fields (T=4degC and S=35psu), but with ncep forcing. I
also use the seaice package, but that should not matter for the problem
that is visible in the attached plot. The plot shows velocities and
speed (abs(vel)) after 1 month of integration from rest, for the top
layer (thickness 10m). What I find puzzling is the feature before the
coast of Venezuela, particularily because it runs along the interface
between two tiles. What is that?