[MITgcm-support] Re: problems with ptracer package

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Sat Sep 27 09:27:18 EDT 2003

Hi Dimitris,

this would probably explain my obvservations, but I am not sure right
now, whether I set PTRACERS_diffK4 explicitly, or not, will try on
Monday. I can't believe that I worked a full day on this, even after I
had noticed that PTRACERS_diffK4 defaults to diffK4S! This is just
typical of me ...

No, don't change back, I think it makes perfectly sense to use the
horizontal diffusivities of salinity, since for variable KappaR (and
for constant as well, right?), the vertical diffusivities are those of
salinity as well. What do the code-czars think?

Is there a verification experiment that tests the passive tracers
package? It might be useful to have one, probably in combination with
the GCHEM-package.

Martin